1. Talk to your spouse/partner/family BEFORE you apply. Make sure everyone is on the same page about getting this dog.
2. If you rent, check with your landlord on any restrictions because we WILL be calling them. If you rent and don't provide the landlord's information, we will not process your application.
3. Are you able to come meet and adopt the dog in the next few days or this coming weekend?
**If you can't come for two weeks or have vacations planned, please don't apply until you are free.
4. Do you keep your dog(s) up-to-date on vaccinations? Do you give your dog Heartworm prevention?
**We WILL be calling your vet for a reference and to check how you care for your current dogs. If you don't provide routine vet care, we won't consider your application.
5. We do NOT require a fenced in yard to adopt from us unless specified in the dog's info.
**If you read the bio of a dog and it says fenced in yard is required, we won't consider your application if you don't have one. We only require one if the dog is a runner or has issues with a leash.
6. Please consider the shedding or grooming before applying. If it's a shedding dog, make sure you've thought this through. If it's a non-shedding dog, please know it'll need groomed every 6-8 weeks by a groomer.
If you apply and change your mind, please let us know as soon as possible. Every time someone cancels or backs out, it loses the dog/puppy chances at getting adopted by another family.
This rescue organization is run completely by volunteers. We put a lot of time and effort into checking references and setting up adoptions. If you apply and don't hear back from us, that does NOT mean you're not approved to adopt a dog. For some of the popular dogs, we may get a mass amount of applications. It takes time to go through them and call people, set up adoptions. People back out all the time and we move onto the next application. If you don't receive a call, it may simply mean the dog was adopted by another applicant. We encourage you to email in and check on your application status. If the dog was adopted, you can ask us to keep your application for another dog. Let us know what you're looking for! You can also help by watching our website and letting us know when you see another dog you'd like to adopt. Please be understanding and patient with us.
We are grateful to every person who adopts a dog. We want every dog and the family adopting to be happy. Please feel free to email in and ask questions or ask your status on an application.